Photography & Food Styling: Flavor Republic
(Mahy Megahed & Mariam Shawki)
Fresh fruits are in abundance. The weather in Cairo is hot, and the studio is buzzing with activity. So, the team took a little break to whip up some quick, healthy and refreshing snacks. Of course, we had to take some pictures before devouring them!
A midweek pick-me-up to combat this sweltering heat = a delicious, nutritious, and scrumptious (nice vocab, right?) smoothie!
Banana, Kiwi, and Kale Smoothie
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced in half
- 1 cup kale, washed and tightly packed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend on full strength until thoroughly incorporated and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Post a cool picture on Instagram!
You can make those Pinterest-like smoothie bowls at home (nothing fancy, just lots of fresh Summer fruits!)
Pineapple Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 plain greek yoghurt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and liquify.
- Serve, add toppings, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to take a pretty picture.